Suppose you have an android phone linked to a Google device and before selling you realize that you need to remove the device from your Google account so that the person using the phone should not misuse or steal your personal information or data. So how could you manage and remove the devices that you won’t be required for your Google account?
To answer this question, Google has implemented a very important Security feature for the users where they can view all their devices linked to their google account and can remove the ones that are not required.
So, let’s find out step by step how you can remove a device from your Google account through a website and an Android phone.
To remove a device from the computer, follow the below steps:
1) Assuming that you are logged in with a Gmail account in the browser, navigate to the “Manage your google account” section.
2) Click on the “Security” Tab.
3) Scroll down and you will see your list of devices connected to your Google account.
4) Click on “Manage devices”. You will see the list of devices
5) Now select the device which you want to remove from your Google account.
6) Click on 3 vertical dots for the selected device and select the option “Sign out”.
7) You will get a message from google for confirmation as shown below.
8) Click on the Remove button
9) You will see that the selected device will be removed from your google account and won’t be displayed under your devices list.
Now let’s see if you using any mobile device then how we can do that.
To remove a device from the phone, follow the below steps:
1) Open the settings menu from your mobile phone.
2) Tap on Google as shown below
3) Tap on “Manage your Google Account” as shown below
4)There will be a list of menu options available on this page. Swipe left to locate the “Security” menu
5) Scroll down on this page and you will find “Your devices” with the list of devices that have been linked to your google account
6) As shown in the screenshot above click on “Manage devices” to view the list of devices so that you can select the ones which you do not want to link with your Google account.
7) From the list of devices select the device on which you won’t be requiring the Google account
8) Click on 3 vertical dots for the selected device and select the option “Sign out”.
9) Click on the Remove button
10) You will see that the selected device will be removed from your google account and won’t be displayed under your devices list.
You will observe that steps to unlink a device from the phone is almost the same as the steps that we have performed to unlink the device via computer. This is a very important security feature implemented by Google as from one single window you can all the list of devices that have been linked to your Google account. If you are selling your device or don’t want to link your Google account to any specific device due to privacy concerns, then by following few simple steps as mentioned above you can easily remove your devices from your Google account be it a mobile phone, smart tv, laptop or computer.